- Roads & Streets
Roads & Streets
- Patching, resurfacing, and sealing;
- Plowing snow and salting;
- Maintaining necessary detours and road closures;
- Maintaining traffic control devices, such as stop, yield, speed limit, and warning signs;
- Maintaining all center lines, edge lines, turn arrows, school zones and crosswalks;
- Providing any necessary assistance to police, fire, and EMS during emergency calls.
- Limiting the gross weight of vehicles and issuing special permits under the Frost Law Ordinance (PDF). @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Who Maintains Which Roads
Find information about which government entity is responsible for maintaining roads and streets where you live in Porter County.
Find information about how the Highway Department is working hard and smart to improve and preserve our roads in unincorporated Porter County.
Road Closing Alerts
Find information about current road closings and how you can sign up to get road closing alerts via text or email.
Snow Plowing & Salting
Find information about the Highway Department's process of plowing & salting, ordinances that apply to citizens and mailbox damage claims, travel alerts and how you can help the Highway Department help you.
Find information about the Porter County Frost Law.
Highway Department Request For Service
Submit an online form to request service from the Porter County Highway Department.
Sign Up For Winter Road Condition Updates
Sign up to have our winter weather road conditions updates delivered directly to your email inbox and/or to your phone!