The Recorder's office offers electronic recording of documents! We accept most document types for eRecording, including those transfer documents that circulate between the Recorder, Auditor and Assessor. We DO NOT eRecord large format documents such as plats. We also DO NOT eRecord Military Discharge papers for statutory reason.
The benefits of eRecording include:
- Automates document examination, fee collection, image retention, data processing and eliminates paper.
- Allows the Recorder’s office to electronically record documents via the Internet. This technology provides secure and efficient recording of real estate documents.
- The manual process associated with paper processing is reduced from days to just minutes.
- Wins "The Race to the Courthouse" - eDocuments beat ones submitted via the mail or a courier.
- Direct cost savings in postage, overnight shipping and delayed processing.
- Fewer rejections and faster corrections: eRecording eliminates rejections for incorrect fees. Rejected documents can be resubmitted in hours vs. days.
Porter County currently accepts eRecordings from the following four submitting vendors. To compare prices and to begin eRecording with our office, contact:
- Corporation Service Company: Visit their website HERE or call 866-652-0111.
- eRecording Partners Network: Visit their website HERE or call 888-325-3365.
- Indecomm Global Services: Visit their website HERE or call 877-272-5250.
- Simplifile: Visit their website HERE or call 800-460-5657.