For Veterans

With Honor Rewards, Veterans can sign-up at the Recorder's office or online to receive an Honor Rewards card, which qualifies them for discounts and incentives at participating businesses in the local community. This service is being made available at no cost to the county and its taxpayers. This reward program has also received the support of the Porter County Veteran Services Office.

 This service accompanies the Porter County Recorder's Office dedication to our veterans. Our office serves as the State of Indiana's recommended county backup for preserving original military discharge papers (including DD214) at no charge, along with providing free certified copies of previously recorded discharge papers. Veterans are encouraged to record their DD214 or other forms of discharge papers if they have not already. You can find information about recording your discharge papers HERE.

To sign up, all a veteran will need to do is visit the HONOR REWARDS WEBSITE, click on Porter County, IN and fill out the form with details on when they served and with what branch of the armed forces. If an individual prefers to fill out the form in person, they can visit the Recorder's Office during business hours and the staff will assist them.

The service is completely free and once signed up the veteran can expect to receive their Honor Rewards ID card in the mail in one to two weeks.