- Justice System
- Forms & Documents
Forms & Documents
Complaints About an Attorney
The Indiana Disciplinary Commission has posted the necessary form to file a grievance against an attorney online (PDF).
Criminal Case Forms
Family Law Related Forms
The necessary forms to competently represent yourself in a Divorce can be found online. This is the Indiana Judiciary self help website. Forms for a name change, modification of child support, protective orders and other self help forms can also be found online.
Protective Order Forms
Persons who want to file a protective order with the court can save the time and expense of waiting at the Clerk's Office and filling in the paperwork by printing out the form on the Indiana Judiciary website. Petitioners seeking a protective order against another party should print out the form entitled PO to 100 and read the instructions in Form PO to 102.
Probate & Guardianship Related Forms
Porter County Local Rules
- Local Rules of the Porter Superior Court (PDF)
- Notice of Time Limit to Comment (PDF)
Small Claims Forms
- Affidavit In Support of Bench Warrant (PDF)
- Affidavit of Debt (PDF)
- Agreed Judgment - Valparaiso (PDF) | Agreed Judgment - Portage (PDF)
- Computation of Damages by Landlord - Valparaiso (PDF) | Computation of Damages by Landlord - Portage (PDF)
- Default Judgment - Valparaiso (PDF) | Default Judgment - Portage (PDF)
- Motion for Proceedings Supplemental - Valparaiso (PDF) | Motion for Proceedings Supplemental - Portage (PDF)
- Notice of Claim - Valparaiso (PDF) | Notice of Claim - Portage (PDF)
- Notice of Counterclaim - Valparaiso (PDF) | Notice of Counterclaim - Portage (PDF)
- Small Claims Eviction Complaint - Valparaiso (PDF) | Small Claims Eviction Complaint - Portage (PDF)
Small Claims Court General Information
- Collecting Your Small Claims Judgment (PDF)
- Guide to Orderly Presentation of Evidence (PDF)
- Notice of Rights of Defendant or Debtor (PDF)
- Small Claims Manual (PDF)
- Appearance Form - Criminal (PDF)
- Motion To Set Aside Default Judgment Infraction (PDF)
- Obtaining Duplicate Car, Boat, or Motorcycle Title (PDF)
Notice Bankruptcy Judge Position
The Judicial Council of the Seventh Circuit is seeking applicants for a bankruptcy judge position for the United States District Court for the Northern District of lndiana headquartered in Hammond. Applicants must also be willing to travel to other locations in the Seventh Circuit to handle cases as need arises. Interested applicants may obtain an application by accessing the Court of Appeals website at www.ca7.uscourts.gov. Persons interested in applying for this position should send their applications to:
Collins T. Fitzpatrick
Judicial Council of the Seventh Circuit
2780 U.S. Courthouse
219 South Dearborn Street
Chicago, Illinois 60604
In making the appointment, applicants will be reviewed without discrimination as to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, or disability. Applicants should be admitted to practice in at least one state court and be members in good standing of every bar of which they are members.Applicants should possess and have a reputation for integrity and good character and be of sound physical and mental health. Applicants must possess and have demonstrated a commitment to equal justice under law. Applicants must also possess and have demonstrated outstanding legal ability and competence as evidenced by substantial legal experience, ability to deal with complex legal problems, aptitude for legal scholarship and writing, and familiarity with courts and court processes. Applicants must also possess demeanor, character, and personality to indicate that they would exhibit judicial temperament if appointed to the position of United States Bankruptcy Judge. The individual selected must comply with the statutory and Judicial Conference regulations regarding the fiIing of financial disclosure reports. The term of office is 14 years and the current salary is $186,852.
Pursuant to Section 120 of the Bankruptcy Amendments and Federal Judgeship Act of 1984, the Judicial Council of the Seventh Circuit will make recommendations to the United States Court of Appeals which will make the appointment. Applications are to be received by August 5, 2016.