It is the responsibility of the Porter County Prosecuting Attorney to pursue speedy and fair prosecutions of all crimes committed within Porter County.
In addition, the Porter County prosecuting attorney:
- Enforces child support orders entered in divorce and paternity cases
- Prosecutes traffic and other infraction violations of state law
- Conducts juvenile adjudications and prosecutions
- Provides information and assistance to the victims of crime
- Provides assistance to the Multi-Jurisdictional Enforcement Group
- Participates in the Domestic Violence Committee
- Participates in the Heroin Overdose Response Team
- Participates in the Community Corrections Program.