Family Court


The staff of the Porter County Family Court are not attorneys; thus cannot give legal advice nor give out information about specific cases. If you have questions regarding your case, please contact your attorney. If you need copies of orders, please contact the Porter County Clerk's Office.

If you are in need of a referral for mediation services, contact your attorney or request said service from the court in which your case originated.

Mission Statement

The Porter County Family Court will provide case management services and coordinate delivery of human services for families and household members who have cases throughout the judicial system. This approach will bridge the current gap between the fields of adult and juvenile justice. Service providers in the fields of family law, child welfare, education and mental health will be utilized. This comprehensive approach will gather and collect information on families appearing in front of the court under pertinent family law and juvenile cases. This "full service court" process will be coordinated in order to promote judicial consistency and to best serve the needs of Porter County's families and children.

Divorce & Paternity Mediation Services

Mediation services are provided to low income families going through a conflictual divorce or paternity case within the Porter County Courts. Either an attorney or a non-attorney mediator provides services. Mediation services may aid in issues surrounding a paternity or divorce action. Participants must have children and qualify as low-income. The Porter County Family Court pays for up to five hours of services. Mediation services can be entered into voluntarily or can be court-ordered.