Mobile Home Transfer/Moving Permits

Under Indiana Code 6-1.1-7-10, mobile home owners MUST obtain a permit from the County Treasurer before:
  • Moving a mobile home from one location to another; or
  • Transferring a mobile home title to another owner; or
  • Changing names in any manner on a mobile home title.

The county treasurer shall issue the permit not later than two (2) business days (excluding weekends and holidays) after the date the completed permit application is received by the treasurer assuming account balance is current. The permit shall state the date it is issued. 

Mobile Home Transfer Permits – State Form 7878

This form can be obtained from

I order to provide a Mobile Home Permit we must ensure that all delinquent taxes, special assessments, interest, penalties, judgements and costs associated with the Mobile Home are collected.  Please call to get the correct payment amount. The Mobile Home may have delinquent amounts with our collection agency that are not available online. 

If you would like to complete the process through the mail:

  1. Include a self-addressed stamped envelope
  2. Include a phone number and/or email address
  3. Mail your completed Form 7878 along with a copy of the mobile home title
  4. Include $10.00 Mobile Home Permit Fee in certified funds (cashier’s check or money order) 
  5. Include payment of any taxes due in certified funds (cashier’s check or money order) to: Porter County Treasurer, 155 Indiana Ave, Room 209, Valparaiso, IN 46383  

A permit that is issued expires ninety (90) days after the date the permit is issued. The permit is invalid after the permit expires. If the owner wishes to move, or transfer title to, the mobile home after the permit has expired, the owner or the owner's agent must obtain a new permit.