Go To Search
Explore Porter County
Click to Home

Turning In Captured Strays
page banner

Turning In A Captured Stray Animal

There are two separate animal shelters serving different geographic locations in Porter County.  If you want to turn in a captured stray, please select the appropriate shelter below based on where you CAPTURED the animal.

For A Stray Animal Captured In Porter County Except For The City Of Portage
If you captured a stray animal in Porter County except for the City of Portage, please contact the Porter County Animal Shelter. 

It is highly recommended that you call us first before bringing in the captured animal to be sure that we have available space to accept the animal.

You will also need to bring your valid Indiana Drivers License or State ID.  We do not accept stray drop offs within one hour of our closing time.  CLICK HERE for our hours, contact information and location.

To Turn In A Stray Animal Captured In The City Of Portage
If you captured a stray animal in the City of Portage, then you should contact the Humane Society of Hobart to arrange drop off. CLICK HERE for their intake procedures, hours, location and contact information.