Go To Search
Explore Porter County
Click to Home

Reporting Dangerous Animals & Abuse
page banner

Reporting Dangerous Animals Or Animal Abuse To Animal Control

If there is a situation where a dangerous animal is posing an immediate and imminent threat, please call 911.  The 911 Center will dispatch a law enforcement officer to respond.

There are two separate animal control agencies in Porter County.  Please call the appropriate agency below based on where the animal you are reporting is located.

In Porter County EXCEPT FOR The City Of Portage
To report animal abuse in Porter County EXCEPT FOR the City of Portage, please call Porter County Animal Control at (219) 477-3110.

In The City Of Portage
To report animal abuse in the City Of Portage, please call Portage Animal Control at (219) 763-1825.