When A Consumer Should Report A Concern

Due to many questions about operating retail food establishments, it is recommended that a consumer should call the Porter County Health Department if a food establishment:

  • Is having a sanitizer shortage.
  • Is out of hot water due to issues with a hot water heater.
  • is out of hand soap and unable to replace it immediately.
  • Does not have the proper equipment to avoid bare hand contact (no single service gloves, unable to wash hands properly before wearing gloves or handling utensils).

Please contact the Porter County Health Department Food Service Division at 219-465-3525.